Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Start of A New Year

I want to thank all of you for being so patient during this six-week break in my blog. My wife is finally healing well from her surgery and I appreciate all of you who sent your condolences.

This first blog will be somewhat short because I want to share some of my thoughts with you about the new year. I’m still interested in doing some book reviews and interviews with people in the field. I had an odd experience a few months again soon after beginning this blog. A book I was interested in was written by a local psychologist. When I contacted him by email and told what I wanted to do, he wrote back and asked about how I used some of the ideas in his book in my private practice.

I spelled it out carefully for him emphasizing some of the scientific foundations for how I do therapy. Here is the strange part – I never heard back from him. When I wrote him a month later to inquire if he had gotten my email, he wrote a lame reply that basically said he wasn’t interested. This is strange because most authors I know who don’t have a best-selling book are eager to get the word out about their work. This is why we haven’t had a book review yet.

Okay, so we started slowly. I’ll continue looking for book authors that have made significant contributions in psychology that are useful for the average person. I’m looking at several books currently so should have a report to you soon.

Many of you during the last few months have written me questions about The Worry Free Life and psychology in general. Please keep your questions coming as I collect them for a potential Q&A article. Feel free to ask me anything about psychology, mental health, human nature or anything related. If I don’t have an answer, I will find it for you.

Additionally, you can send me, as some of you have, suggestions for future articles. I have quite a few in the queue for future articles but will enjoy any additional input you can give me. If you have any friends who would like to receive this blog, please tell them about it so they, too, can become a part of The Worry Free Life community.

Stay tuned for some exciting news. The website is being redesigned so that we can integrate it into this blog. It should be ready to go in a few weeks. Near the end of the week, you will be getting a blog about personal comfort zones

No comments: